Volt has been a leader in the Staffing Industry for 60 years and currently has more than 100 branches nationwide to serve both our clients' and candidates' needs. We connect professionals with leading employers in the area.
Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This role is in Decatur, Georgia.
This position is responsible for coordinating the engineering design team and insuring that QA/QC procedures are followed and that critical design checks are conducted. This role is also expected to perform various project design duties and to maintain a minimum 60% billable rate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designer conformance to company drawing quality standards
- Responsible for insuring design output meets project schedules by expediting and/or redirecting design work as necessary to both internal and external resources
- Monitor designer timesheets and proactively address issues to conform to budget limitations
- Interview, Test, and assess potential designer candidates
- Develop complex Solidworks macros to improve designer output
- Work with Project Managers to estimate design hours required for perspective projects
- Receive, distribute, and monitor design workload across multiple projects and multiple offices
- Evaluate and maintain design hardware and software specifications and updates
- Implement existing QA/QC program and continue development and improvement of system across all business locations
- Verify pipe stress analysis results.
- Review QA/QC records and develop and implement designer training as required
- Work with external resources to implement annual training
- Assist in designer annual performance evaluations
- Perform senior level design work when not actively coordinating other duties
- Maintain a minimum 60% billable rate
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills and abilities)
- 4-yeardegree in Mechanical Engineeringrequired.
- Professional Mechanical Engineering license preferred.
- 3-5 years of manufacturing or industrial design experiencerequired
- 3-5 years of advanced Solidworks design experience including complex macro development required
- 3-5 years of Caesar Pipe Stress Analysis experiencerequired.
- SolidWorks experience required
- Some AutoCad experiencepreferred
- Design Group QA/QC program development and management experiencepreferred
- Ability to assess designer production and proactively redirect designer workload as necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with clients, manufacturers and workers
- Ability to generate and present engineering review presentations to both small and large group
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office
- Efficiently organize and plan work tasks to meet company goals.
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to work effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisors and customers.