Company OverView: Regal is a global leading manufacturer of efficient electric and mechanical motion control and power generation products with annual sales close to $4 Billion. We are innovative, dynamic, and acquisitive organization with traditional values and high integrity. Intelligent, creative, and determined people have made us who we are today. We recognize that hiring and developing talent is a key element in our continued growth. We are looking for people with high energy, ambition and commitment to performance excellence. If you are looking for a business environment where people treat each other with mutual respect and dignity and each employee can make a difference and grow with organization, Regal is the company for you. Join us to help the world run more efficiently! Regal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Regal is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Design, debug, and test embedded software for motor control applications and IOT applications.
- Mentor various disciplines and Junior Software Engineers on motor control theory and embedded software
- Leads more complex projects, analyzes and designs new products and systems, and improves existing products.
- Designs and/or improves products considering manufacturability, quality and cost with a thorough understanding of design tools and methods. Reviews and approves work done by associate and design engineers.
- Optimizes products considering manufacturability, quality and cost with a thorough understanding of analysis methods. Reviews and approves analysis done by associate and design engineers.
- Solves problems with a thorough understanding of tradeoffs in problem solving to drive optimized designs.
- Leads in capturing voice of customer and development of product specifications. Translates customer needs to manufacturing requirements.
- Creates test plans and develops new test protocol for products or components, with a solid understanding of reliability and failure mechanisms.
- BSEE/MSEE or equivalent related experience; advanced technical degree preferred. - 7+ years. - Strong working knowledge of sensorless vector control algorithms and other modern control theories - Familiarity with Induction, PM, and PSC motor control algorithms - Familiarity with Power electronics including control hardware topologies and inverter topologies - Experience with the following protocols: Serial Communication RS-232, Modbus RS-485, I2C - Experience testing and instrumenting mixed analog and digital circuits at 230Vac, and up to 6 kW - Experience developing code and creating code documentation for agency certification (UL60730 preferably)
Preferred Qualifications: -
Experience with NFC, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi communication - Experience with application development for smartphones - Experience with digital control of power supplies (boost pfc, interleaved PFC) - Experience testing and instrumenting mixed analog and digital circuits at 460Vac