Company OverView: Regal is a global leading manufacturer of efficient electric and mechanical motion control and power generation products with annual sales close to $4 Billion.
We are innovative, dynamic, and acquisitive organization with traditional values and high integrity. Intelligent, creative, and determined people have made us who we are today. We recognize that hiring and developing talent is a key element in our continued growth. We are looking for people with high energy, ambition and commitment to performance excellence.
If you are looking for a business environment where people treat each other with mutual respect and dignity and each employee can make a difference and grow with organization, Regal is the company for you. Join us to help the world run more efficiently! Regal is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ancestry, national origin, marital status, citizenship status (unless required by the applicable law or government contract), disability or protected veteran status or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Regal is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Senior level electronics design engineer in an individual contributor role as part of a team and a leader, manager, and mentor to junior electronics design engineer.
- Responsible to design, improve, and optimize electronics based products considering manufacturability, quality, reliability and cost with a thorough understanding of design tools and methods.
- Review and approve schematics, layouts, analysis and other work done by associate and other design engineers.
- Solve problems with a thorough understanding of tradeoffs in problem solving to drive optimized designs.
- Lead efforts in capturing voice of customer and development of product specifications.
- Translate customer needs to design and manufacturing requirements.
- Create test plans and develop new test protocols for electronic products and components and conduct testing, as necessary, with a solid understanding of reliability and failure mechanisms.
- Keeps up-to-date on component innovations, cost-out opportunities, manufacturing techniques, coordinating component failure analysis, maintaining rapport with suppliers, sales representatives, the rest of the design engineering team, and OEM customers.
- BSEE degree or equivalent technical degree with 7+ years experience in electronics hardware design (schematics, specification, component evaluation, testing, and troubleshooting).
- Familiarity with pSpice or other circuit design and analysis tools.
- Capability using electronic component test equipment (scopes, curve tracers, semiconductor testers, RLC bridges, etc.).
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong computers skills; include Microsoft O365 suite of tools.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong teamwork and people management skills.
- High level of personal energy, initiative, and ownership.
- Self-directed and motivated with a track record of execution.
- MSEE degree or other advanded technical degreepreferred.
- Design experience with switch mode power supplies, power electronics and motor control.
- Broad exposure to all types of electronic components, including power & signal, analog & digital, surface mount & thru-hole, printed circuits & coatings.
- Familiarity with microprocessor and programming is a plus.
- Hands on experience in PCB schematics and layout in Alutium.
- Experience in the HVAC or appliance industries - high volume and low cost. Familiarity with product design for UL/CSA.
- 6 sigma training/certification a plus.
- Experience mentoring or managing other engineers.