Are you currently a Design Engineer ( 2D/3D ) looking to make the move to a more exciting dynamic environment? Our client located in Germantown, WI is a market leader in their industry and work with a diverse customer base. To support their growth, they are seeking a Design Engineer, with previous experience working in the plastic molding space.
Top Reasons to Work with Us?
- Industry leader in their vertical that has been providing cutting edge solutions for over 30 years
- Team based environment!! Heritage of growth sustainability and diversification.
- Strong commitment to employees ~ Strong commitment to customers with a great reputation in their space.
- Competitive salary, full benefits, 401k etc.
What you will be doing?
- Perform design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications.
- Able to perform designs using 2D or 3D design software.
- Coordinates and demonstrates the training of new department members
- Evaluates systems based on quantitative results and makes suggestions for the improvement of these systems.
- Work independently from supervisor and team with minimal guidance.
- Provide production support to the manufacturing area.
- Analyze engineering sketches, specifications and related data and drawings to determine design factors (size, shape and arrangement of parts).
- Sketch rough layouts and compute angles, weights, surface areas, dimensions, radii, clearances, tolerances, leverages and location of holes.
- Plan and formulate engineering program.
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications.
- Coordinate activities related to technical development, scheduling and resolution of engineering design and test problems.
What you will need?
- 3+ years Design experience within a custom molder
- Experience with Solidworks or Pro-E, AutoCAD at a minimum
- Plastic Molding experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
What we would like to see ~ But not a Showstopper:
- Associates degree