Join one of Fortune’s 100 best companies to work for! Stryker has an opportunity for a high energy New Product Development Design Engineer – Embedded Software in the Neuro, Spine, and ENT space.
A Design Engineer (Embedded Software) is responsible for the software system design of their product or subsystem from start to finish. You will provide design creation concepts to a new product development project to ensure design alignment with overall scope. Working in a cross functional team is a guarantee. Navigating your way through technical design discussions and ensuring appropriate analysis of decisions through application of sound engineering judgment and risk analysis will be the normal. This highly strategic role with broad organizational influence is a key part of ensuring overall product alignment with user needs and requirement specifications.
- Learn, understand, and continue to grow fundamental knowledge of embedded system engineering principles and practices. Utilize this knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures to ensure alignment of product design or subsystem design with requirements.
- Under minimal supervision designs, develop, modify and evaluate software systems and/or electro-mechanical software systems.
- Hold active role in New Product Development team discussions. Provide engineering input on key topics to reduce time to market.
- Evaluate product designs at a subsystem level and ensure appropriate performance based upon customer and standard requirements. Typical analysis includes understand engineering fundamentals and sound coding structures.
- Work with minimal supervision. Utilize senior engineers for discussion of unique embedded software opportunities.
- Determine and implement design approaches and parameters and conduct feasibility studies on new designs.
- Analyze equipment to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests and evaluate the results. Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
- Provide periodic reports on assigned topics to supervisor.
- Proficient in C and/or C++.
- Knowledgeable about at least one MCU architecture.
- Proficient in communication protocols such as UART, SPI, and I2C.
- Comfortable with gathering data from sensors.
- Proficient in basic electrical circuits.
- Hands on experience with debugging tools such as debuggers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and multimeters. Experience with linux
- Experience with RTOS
- Experience with C and C++ on baremetal
- Familiar with mixed signal design
- Demonstrated ability to translate requirements to design
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Effective interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate small hand tools (e.g. pliers, screwdrivers, hammer, wrenches, etc.), power tools and test/inspection equipment.
- Demonstrated numerical problem solving skills.
- 0-5 years related design engineering experience.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer engineering, Electrical engineering, or related field
• GPA minimum of 3.0, strongly preferred