AGCO is currently seeking a Design Engineer – Embedded Software to join our team in Jackson, MN. The Design Engineer – Embedded Software will play a key part in developing and documenting embedded software solutions for all Jackson products from release to production. Additionally, the Design Engineer –Embedded Software will be doing this in a manner that ensures superior product performance, durability, reliability, quality, and serviceability to the worldwide marketplace.
Opportunities such as this Design Engineer –Embedded Software are rare finds for talented entry-level candidates! If you are a recent college graduate or have a couple years of work experience, this is your chance to join a global and innovative leader in the design of agricultural machinery.
Note: Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer – Embedded Software:
- Develop, debug, and maintain software
- Capture requirements and specifications and apply them to robust, embedded C and C++ code
- Write and test code for anything that needs coding, including HVA, turn signals, lighting, steering, as well as spray controls
- Work on a variety of equipment, including RoGator, TerraGator, and track tractors
- Work closely with the Scrum Leader to ensure compliance with the appropriate Agile methods
Required Qualifications of the Design Engineer – Embedded Software:
- Entry-level experience with embedded software development using C++, preferably 2+ years
- Entry-level experience working with OOP (Object-Oriented Programming), preferably 2+ years
Preferred Qualifications of the Design Engineer – Embedded Software:
- Entry-level experience working with CAN protocols including SAE J1939 and ISO 11783, preferably 2+ years
- Entry-level experience using simulation or modeling tools such as MATLAB or SIMULINK, preferably 2+ years
- Entry-level experience with Infineon Tricore (TC1796) or PowerPC, preferably 2+ years
Education of the Design Engineer – Embedded Software:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a 3.0 GPA or higher is required