Design Engineer Electronics
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
- The Design Engineer-Electronics will assist in the design, development, testing, and release to production of automotive electronic modules and systems.
- Plus, this role will provide technical leadership and support during the Request for Proposal (RFP) activities by working withother team members, including: sales, purchasing, and manufacturing.
- Use technical knowledge and experience to assist in evaluating customer requests for quote (RFQ).
- Assist in reviewing customer requirements, identify and communicate potential issues and provide recommendations that will meet capabilities and customers’ specifications.
- Participate in quoting activities, in close cooperation with sales, purchasing, manufacturing plants and personnel from other customer design centers.
- Participate in the design and development of new products. Assume engineering responsibility of design tasks during all product development phases, including quoting, breadboards, prototypes, testing, validation and release to production.
- Conduct testing and evaluate test results. Identify root cause of problems and provide corrective actions and recommendations. Interact with customer and suppliers to resolve system issues.
- Participate in customer and internal technical design reviews. Provide innovative ideas for improving product performance, manufacture-ability and cost
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of both, high and detailed level technical presentations to customers, suppliers and internal customer teams.
- Provide technical input and insight to team members and management for appropriate decision making.
- Identify and follow appropriate technological activities in other Flex design centers around the globe. Create working relationships with global customer engineering resources.
- Adhere to established customer product development procedures and processes.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate and required product documentation, including customer specifications and federal regulations.
- Investigate and remain abreast of technological advancements and industry trends in automotive electronic systems.
- Work with minimal instruction and guidance. Exercise independent judgement in decision making within defined procedures and acceptable limits.
- Travel as needed to support customers, suppliers and customer manufacturing plants
For HW candidates:
Candidate 2 requirement
· Strong on ECU hardware design, preferably with tier_1experience with ADAS background
· Familiar with camera, ultrasonic, radar HWs
· Strong on HW design fundamentals like DFMEA, WCCA, circuit simulation, familiar with auto qualification for components
- Five (5) years or more experience in product development activities.
- Recent hands-on experience in actual circuit design.
- Experience in all aspects of Design & Development of Automotive Electronic Controllers.
- Working knowledge of circuit simulation, WCCA, DFMEA and EMC.
- High level of analytical ability and trouble-shooting where problems are unusual and complex.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and others.
• Understanding of system level requirements EE product level design for automotive
• Experience in design of automotive electronics is preferred
• Experience in exterior automotive lighting is preferred.