To execute and manage engineering projects, leading staff, as required, to achieve agreed objectives.
- To undertake design, applications, engineering and project management activities covering both industrial and defense markets.
- Lead the execution of engineering projects, liaising with sales, the customer and other stakeholders to define the product specification. Then, generating personally, or supervising the generation by others, of all the concept design, detail drawing, and manufacturing information together with any product support documentation that may be requiredunder thecontract.
- For some projects, active participation in development testing will be necessary.
- Provide technical leadership and direction for all assigned staff.
- Execute the work in accordance with good engineering practices to ensure a technically compliant and safe product that meets all applicable standards and statutory directives that apply to our industry and type of product.
- Provide sales and commercial support, as well as production support appropriate at all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Contribute to business improvement activities, specifically Kaizen events and problem-solving activities.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Project delivery – at or within agreed project time-line
- Project costs - at or within budget level
- Support on time delivery - at or above target level
- Maintain closure rate at agreed levels of engineering related Corrective Action Reports (CAR’s) and In-Service Defect Reports (ISDR’s)
Education & Experience
- An engineering graduate from an accredited college or university with 5 – 10 years of experience of design, development and project management. Ideally with high pressure pneumatic and hydraulic valves and systems.
- Generally, computer literate with familiarity of 3D CAD tools, preferably SolidWorks.
- Formal qualifications to degree level or equivalent in mechanical engineering.