Job Title: Design Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
Experience Level (Years): 5 - 15 years
- The Design Engineer will have ownership to conceptualize, design and engineer various sub-systems and stamped/cast chassis components within the Body Engineering organization. The person in this role will also support in design of fuel tanks, carbon canister and ABS/Vacuum pump / radar technology / steering systems
- Perform feasibility checks with respect to material, manufacturing & design aspects;
- Work diligently with suppliers to develop each applicable component/sub-system to meet all weight, cost, durability, and performance targets;
- Effectively collaborate with otherengineering groups, suppliers and the leadership team to meet engineering deliverables within tight time constraints;
- Ensure compliance of the system and component designs with all vehicle/component requirements, quality objectives, program milestones, performance, cost, weight & safety;
- Collaborate with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to transition concepts and designs to production.
- Automotive background with hands on experience in Chassis part
- Good knowledge about Brake, Axle , Steering & suspension System ( Design & testing)
- Design experience in Chassis, and Steering System parts.
- Well versed with Ideation for design improvement.
- Good knowledge about Vehicle Chassis related testing requirements like crash test, vehicle weight , part life, vibration testing
- Deep knowledge about manufacturing process of Chassis parts.
- With good communication Skill
- CATIA V5 and other CAD Tools experience in designing automotive components and subsystem design, demonstrating technical aptitude from concept through series release.
- Self-motivated, with a desire to continuously learn and improve oneself, as well as those around them.
- Strong working knowledge of Design for Manufacturing, including familiarity with latest dimensional and tolerancing best practices;
- Good oral and written English language skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to effectively represent information and respond to questions in a meeting environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or AutomobileEngineering