We’re Disney’s Yellow Shoes, the in-house creative agency for Disney Parks and Resorts Worldwide. Every day, we get the opportunity to create compelling, impactful creative content for one of the most beloved brands on the planet. If you’re a creative leader, with a passion for incredible design solutions, who lives and breathes typography, photography, layout, color and has exquisite taste and a proven track record of bringing award winning design solutions to life – we’d love to hear from you.
The Design Director will lead projects of the highest significance to the West Coast business. All requiring Design Direction and integration with other internal creatives, art directors, designers, writers and photographers, leading high level creative work within multiple teams. They will also act as creative consultants with external agencies and design studios, and partner with VP and SVP of Global Creative on major initiatives.
The Design Director should understand all aspects of creative development and production, be adept at business acumen and have knowledge of our Disney Parks & Resorts brands ie: Disneyland, Disney California Adventure, Downtown Disney, Resorts, Aulani, Adventures By Disney.
The Design Director will bring high level design and visual communication capability to the Yellow Shoes creative arsenal. This function will develop beautifully designed systems and materials that tell great stories through design. They will use every tool in their design arsenal to illuminate what makes our Disney experience special. They will bring a design discipline in doing it right and passion around the ART of doing it well across all design tactics from logos, to design systems to campaigns to sales and collateral. They will develop high level design and visual communication for Disney Global Marketing & Sales including large scale, high impact campaigns, logos, brand style guidelines, templates, sales and collateral material, as well as digital and social campaigns and tactics. They will lead multiple design teams of (internal/external) talent. And in addition will manage copy development for design projects as well as interface closely with Print Production, Account and Traffic team, Procurement and external Printing Partners.
The Design Director will lead and manage internal design cast member on the West Coast. They will partner with the Design Director on the West Coast on larger scale, integrated projects.
- Extensive design experience.
- Self directed
- Leadership, coaching, hiring and development of a design team.
- Independent decision maker for a higher level and larger scope of work.
- Must be a creative guru. A lover of design, ideas, typography, photography, styling, illustration, color, paper and printing. With extensive design and advertising experience including Digital/Social.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanicals, retouching, proofing and printing process
- A proven history of consistent stellar high profile design work.
- Brand and consumer insight savvy.
- Proven responsive leader that is decisive.
- Proven to make award winning design solutions.
- The ultimate thought partner
- Ability to deal with high volume, heavy workload in fast paced,deadline driven environment.
- Even tempered in the most stressful of conditions.
- Minimum 10 years of design, ad agency experience.Ability to travel domestic/international
- BS, BFA, MFA Advertising, Design, or equivalent