Drive financial results by creating business opportunities and differentiation in the marketplace
Set vision for seasonal trend and innovation for Petco. Lead global research of seasonal trend incorporating attendance to key Trend Seminars / Color Seminars/ Trade Shows / Print Shows / etc.
Lead the aesthetic creation of product, driving the entire design process, from trend research and initial concepts through style adoption
Drive the appropriate point of view for multiple brands by establishing a good, better, best strategy of identifying core items while driving the appropriate point of differentiated merchandise to support the evolution of each brand.
Innovative team leader providing training and mentoring while setting clear objectives and expectations.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- (10%) Develop and implement the strategic utilization plan for Design services including in house and outside resources:
- In-house resources–
- Fabric/Color Team procedures
- Design SME (subject matter expert) for Process Systems configuration
- Color forecasting/trend forecasting services
- WGSN Print Studios
- Adobe Illustrator
- Outside resources-
- (30%) Lead the creative direction and the aesthetic execution across multiple brands incorporating trend, color, fabric, print, silhouette, and expression of fit. Introduce new initiatives and innovative ways to update key item programs based on information and inspiration from trend seminars, trade shows, online research, meeting with vendors, and through competitive and aspirational shopping.
- Drive new Product Design- provide strategic and inspirational direction to the Design team to build new, compelling and high-quality products.
- (20%) Manage and drive the design and development process for all Softline/hardline Supplies categories and brands, from silhouette development through final prototype/ adoption. Research, establish, differentiate, and communicate technology and fabric platforms for multiple brands. Develop and execute solutions for department challenges and new growth opportunities
- Control style count with brands and ensure that all new products are appropriately placed and positioned within the brands.
- (20%) Lead the Design teams to execute the seasonal line plans in partnership with product management by analyzing core customer, reference and aspirational brands to ensure constant evaluation and improvement of product to move multiple brands forward. Shop the market, including our stores, with product management and merchants to promote partnership on a consistent basis to ensure that product has a singular point of view.
- Attend seasonal fit analysis to drive the expression of fit for multiple brands. Work in partnership with the fabric specialist on research to establish, differentiate, and communicate technology and fabric platforms for multiple brands.
- Work with team leaders to ensure adherence to the time and action calendar
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others throughout the organization to champion new ideas and action plans. Able to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Lead and Manage the Product Design Process- develop and evolve the design process to drive speed to market
- (5%) Create seasonal trend presentations designed to meet product sales, margin and turn goals and present to Product Development and Merchant business partners
- (15%) Supervision, development, and management of the Design staff. Collaboration and influence of cross-functional team
- Lead and manage the development of team members by setting clear objectives, providing ongoing performance feedback and evaluating career potential. Able to manage multiple projects and overlapping timetables with a superior level of organizational and project management skills to meet deadlines
Normally requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in Design, Fine Arts, or related degree. Requires a minimum of 15+ years related design experience including training and management experience. Of these years, at least 5+ years should have involved leading design and development work in and around the apparel, home goods, or other soft line/cut-and-sew category – as well as working with overseas manufacturers import timelines and processes. Must have demonstrated experience operating in a fast paced, deadline driven environment and possess the ability to effectively self-manage deadlines.
Strong computer knowledge; ability to learn how to design through new/advanced technology (e.g., on-line spec program). Ability to design using new advanced technology (Illustrator, Photoshop, Euphoria, Solidworks or Pro/Engineer.