The Octopus Design Director will be responsible for setting, overseeing and maintaining the brand’s overall design look and feel. The Design Director will partner with internal stakeholders from across the Marketing and product teams to develop and execute design elements and creative marketing ideas and campaigns to grow and build the brand to a household name in the US.
A successful candidate will not only have brilliant design skills, they’ll be a clear communicator, a strategic thinker, an inspiring leader, and a proactive resource across the business, adept at overseeing a high-volume of assignments day-to-day while also thinking about how to attack big picture problems down the road.
What you'll do
- Operate as Octopus Energy US’s lead brand designer, ensuring that all iterations of the brand maintain a close connection to our design style guide and that we maintain a consistent design voice across every platform and consumer touchpoint, from web, to social to TV.
- Ensure design deliverables for internal and external usage are delivered to key stakeholders with a high level of accuracy, industry-leading design solutions, and best-in-class execution
- Help design and execute multiplatform campaigns for OE US’s brand marketing initiatives, including web design, app design, logos, social assets, paid assets, OOH, ATL, key art, etc.
- Coordinate with our marketing teams on initiatives to create cultural currency and conversation, and drive customer acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Help maintain and update our brand styleguide and toolkit
- Work closely with Product and Engineering teams from ideation through to product launch to
- ensure both business vision and customer expectations are met.
- Help design and create assets for events and roadshows
What you'll need
- Degree or training in graphic/communication design
- Extensive design work experience; digital media and/or direct-to-consumer experience preferred
- Must be fully versed in standard graphic design software programs, with working knowledge of motion-design tools
- Has a solid knowledge of industry tools and understanding of designing intuitive user experiences
- Has a strong digital and web vocabulary. Can speak confidently to internal stakeholders about web platforms, how designs will function and how designs will be implemented.
- Must have a portfolio of prior work for review
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture