The Design Director is responsible for influencing look, feel and experience of all of our communications tools, whether internal or externally facing, upholding and evolving brand standards and making sure all executions are on brand. Focus will include developing original design concepts, global marketing campaigns and digital media productions over multiple-projects.
The design director must be able to oversee multiple projects through execution and directly project manage a team of creatives – leadership and motivation skills are absolutely essential for the role. Our Design Directors should always be striving for creative excellence and working to develop consistency, clarity through inspired solutions. The design director is a representative our culture and expected to set standards to all levels and disciplines within our team. Design Directors are also responsible for liaising with any external consultancy relationships in all things related to creative. Above all, this role needs to align our organization’s business drivers through to lead impactful and consistent creative execution across platforms, media and project types.
What we’d like to see:
- Build and manage team of internal designers, and project managers to execute against brand initiatives and adaptation of brand guidelines to various tactics
- Partner with the marketing executives to define strategy and lead the development of creative concepts delivered through all media channels: packaging, print, advertising, video, web, social, mobile and app.
- Build initiatives to communicate our brand standard globally – always be evolving and adapting tools to ensure consistent creative lives through all of the company’s touch-points
- Identify and partner with various agencies to support creative development and some aspects of creative execution
- Foster communication and collaboration across functional teams within and outside of the Marketing department
- Manage, mentor and train design staff to retain employees and uphold quality standards: manage performance reviews and goal setting for direct reports; establish professional development plans for team members.
- Be responsible for efficient and on-budget fiscal performance of the creative organization, and passionate about the business success of our creative output
- Evaluate talent for employment and freelancing; commission 3rd party agencies and production partners when needed
- An innovative approach to visual communication
- The ability to elicit the best work from a creative team and establish a collaborative environment
- Strong prioritization, delegation and decision-making skills
- Solid interpersonal capabilities along with superlative verbal, visual and written communication skills
- A comprehensive understanding of traditional and digital design methodologies, user-experience/interface design, information design, and identity/branding
- A keen understanding to the design world at large, curiosity, knowledge and constant exploration towards how other companies and brands are communicating – on a global level
Competencies : People: Build a Successful Team People: Coach and Develop Others Innovation: Lead Change Strategy; Deliver Compelling Communication Growth: Drive Results
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
- 6-8years of experience in a creative leadership role (at least 3+ years in a agency environment)
- Proven knowledge & recognized expertise in: brand development, advertising/image creation, print, interactive design.
- Process savvy: knowledge of production process for all deliverables as well as new platforms and technologies.
- Words and visuals: deep understanding of pairing the two.
- Ability to provide clear creative direction as well as timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes that keep work on budget and schedule.
- Bold leadership skills. We need someone who is confident in everything from team building and mentoring to guiding large groups of creative talent.
- Effective presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Timelines, budgets and availabilities change, and we need someone who can roll with it.
- Observant of trends in graphic design, communication and interactive: always willing to put the limits, challenge current ideas and evolve.
- No ego. You will be both leader, mediator, do-er and inspiration in equal measures - must be prepared to nurture others and manage different viewpoints.