goPuff is a pivotal point of growth, evolving rapidly to meet new needs of new customers in new locations. The Brand Experience team sits at the center of this evolution, using data and insights to inform the brand’s positioning and bringing that strategy to life through every visual and verbal touchpoint with the customer.
The Brand Experience team is looking for a Design Director to manage a team of designers, production artists and external agency partners across a cross-functional organization with the goal of developing, evolving, and protecting the visual representation goPuff brand.
Specifically, this person will:
- Drive a visual brand refresh, evolving goPuff’s Brand & Style Guidelines and then championing them across the organization to make goPuff a consistently recognizable and iconic brand in culture
- Oversee all visual content across the organization and ensure the goPuff master brand narrative is delivered with impact and cutting edge aesthetic to drive users and non-users to action
- Manage team of graphic designers, illustrators, and production artists and interact with content, photography, copy, social and video teams to develop strategies for campaigns that include but is not limited to: digital ads, print, out-of-home, UIUX development, social media content, internal collateral and more
- Lead the concept, design and execution of all branded visual materials for integrated, cross-channel initiatives, then review and provide consistent feedback on the designers’ work to ensure high quality of execution
- Partner closely with the consumer product design team to create a cohesive and intuitive experience across all brand and product touchpoints
- Provide mentorship, feedback and education to the full design team, creating a culture of creativity and growth
- Collaborate with external design, creative, social and video agencies and producers to ensure all brand assets consistently deliver on the brand’s ambitions
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college/university in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field
- 7-10 years experience working in a high ranking position in the field of Design; experience in the management of a team, leading that team to the successful accomplishment of its goals
- Experience working on technology brands, and an understanding of the intersection between product and brand design
- Proven work experience as a Senior Designer or similar role
- Portfolio of completed design projects
- Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts
- Attention to visual details
- Ability to prioritize, delegate, and work under-the-wire in a startup environment
- Experience in Figma, Sketch, Animation, Photography, Layout and Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects & Keynote
- Preferred: Located in or willing to relocate to Philadelphia, PA or San Francisco, CA
The goPuff Fam is committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply. We are an equal employment opportunity employer.