FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
FM Global is embarking on a transformation to redefine how we deliver products to market. This transformation will use Agile principles as a way to improve our performance and better serve the needs of our clients. By moving to Agile, we are creating an even more responsive, client-centric organization, enabling us to deliver our products more efficiently.
Responsibilities - External:
As a Lead UX Designer, you will lead the execution of design across a set of journeys and products. This role acts as a senior individual contributor.You are an expert in design processes and methodologies ranging from concept development to launch. You must be adept at conducting initial user research, driving solution visions based on business and user insights, designing desirable and efficient multi-channel experiences, developing wireframes and visual designs to deliver the solution, ensuring the appropriate content strategy and copy, and iteratively usability testing the solution. You will be able to personally execute work throughout the design process and guide the work of junior practitioners. You must be a strong collaborator, able to effectively coach other designers, partner with other functional leads and influence stakeholders to build consensus. You will act as a thought leader and advocate for design thinking.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to help shape the Design capabilities of a market leading organization by developing effective processes that ensures success. You will be an embedded team member on a cross-functional team that works closely, collaboratively, and cooperatively with one another to achieve our common goals. Your work will showcase the impact design thinking makes in an environment where design and user experience is represented and defended.
Qualifications - External:
Education and Experience
- BA/BS in Design (graphic design, interaction design, industrial design), Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Cognitive Science, Cultural Anthropology, Psychology, Behavioral Economics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-7 years of experience with design strategy, design research, experience design and visual design, ideally in either a consultancy or large enterprise.
- 1-2 years experience leading design teams of 1-5 people or larger and proven ability to drive a great solution while promoting team health.
- Previous experience working in a B2B environment designing technically complex products for internal and external audiences in an agile / lean environment.
- Portfolio of work showcasing experience of delivering an end-to-end design process from initial research through UX design to visual design with examples of key deliverables at each stage.
PLEASE SUBMIT A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO AS WELL AS YOUR LINKEDIN PROFILE
- Financial services & data visualization experience.
- Proven ability to work with senior stakeholders across an organization to influence decisions based on user-centric design priorities
- Significant experience working with cross-functional teams, collaborating with Product Owners, Designers, Technologists, and Subject Matter Experts to influence decisions based on user-centric design priorities. Capable of acting as the only designer on the team.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
**Occasional business travel is required both domestically and internationally.
Job ID 5289764