The Red Door is looking for a highly talented and seasoned Design & ConstructionProject Manager/Owner’s Rep to oversee and manage construction and refurbishment project planning, scheduling, resource allocation and control. Provide technical direction to contractors and ensure compliance with quality standards. The position’s responsibilities span a broad spectrum, covering all areas of project management including: project planning, budget management, time management, quality assurance and safety management. Develop and administer reports, documentation, payments, data and communications as required in support of the above responsibilities. Position can be based in Tempe/Phoenix, AZ, New York, NY or Washington, D.C. area.
Reports to the Vice President of Design & Construction
JOB SUPERVISES (Title(s)
Outsourced D&C service providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee design and construction projects from start to finish
- Provide scope, schedule and budget on all assigned projects
- Contract and manage the design and construction teams for all assigned projects
- Responsible for all communication and coordination with facility owner’s to achieve successful projects
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Mange the budget, track expenses and minimize exposure and risk
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Ensure project documents are completed promptly and accurately
- Perform detailed review of project documents for compliance with project scope
- Communicate and report status of all projects to Operations management
- BS/BA or associatedegree in construction, facilities, business administration, or equivalent combination of related coursework and experience
- Five years related experience in interior construction projects, ideally in a similar fast-paced specialty retailconstruction environment
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple concurrent projects and tasks, leading teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to travel extensively domestically by air, rail or car to be on-site at project locations
- Highly motivated, organized, service-oriented.
- Proven track record managing costs with strong analytical and negotiating skills
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, as well as time management, record keeping and other administrative skills
- Solid organizational, presentation and problem solving skills
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a satisfactory level. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.