Provide overall coordination and contract administration from design conception through final construction acceptance. Ensures construction plans, and specifications conform to all applicable standards and requirements.This position will provide oversight and supervision over design team. Prepares and monitors project design budget and schedules. Coordinates project design and construction with CHSR, County agencies, non-county agencies (Irrigation Districts), utility companies, regulatory/approval agencies, and other stakeholders to resolve project issues. Duties are performed under the direct supervision of the Deputy Project Director.
- Initiate, perform and coordinate design reviews
- Responsible for final project design constructability review and optimization
- Review calculations for optimization
- Interface with Project Managers and coordinate drawings with the field
- Interface with the High Speed Rail Authority reviewers and Designers to optimized processes, minimized times for comments resolutions and proposal of value engineering concepts and design variances.
- Plans, directs and supervises the work of a group of engineers in the design and construction of heavy civil projects.
- Ensures work performed under contract meets project standards and agreed upon specifications and timeframes, and permit and regulatory requirements;
- Provides technical engineering guidance and input throughout the conceptual, preliminary and final design and construction phases;
- Reviews and supervises proposed revisions to technical design standards and ordinances;
- Maintaining and managing Design Schedule
- Maintaining and managing Design Budget
- Producing monthly Design Progress Report
- Support the Survey Construction Manager and coordinate surveying requirements with the design team.
- Responsible to coordinate monthly progress quantities and reports
- Responsible to coordinate and timely deliver of as-built drawings, and substantial and final completion reports
- Document control Supervision.
- Maintaining organized and detailed project records
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Civil Engineering
- 10-15years of related work experience (Design – Built projects)
- Experience in projects of more than 300$M or large infrastructure projects
- PE preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Scheduling software (i.e. Microsoft Project and/or P-6), Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with PC software packages typically associated with engineering.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Demonstrated aptitude to understand engineering projects
- Organizational ability – able to plan, prioritize, organize and monitor activities and projects. Able to work well in a group environment and foster a team approach.
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as a Flatiron employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Job ID: 1972