Boeing's Electronic and Information Solutions (E&IS) subsidiary Digital Receiver Technology (DRT) is seeking a Design and Analysis FPGA engineer to join their team in Germantown, MD. A qualified candidate must demonstrate the ability to assist with design and implementation of real-time software/firmware for digital communications and or signal processing algorithms. Position Responsibilities:
- The responsibilities include performing communication systems engineering and signal processing development that add new capabilities to DRT's software-defined radio.
- Implement signal processing algorithms to meet system-level and derived requirements.
- Work with hardware and software personnel to determine the best functional divisions and mapping to DRT radio components.
- Identify and mitigate risk factors.
- Implement the system algorithms using field-programmable gate arrays and validate the solutions to ensure the implementations meet operational and functional requirements.
- Assists with the development and documentation of electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Performs system tests to verify operational and functional requirements.
- Assists in monitoring suppliers' performance to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Supports resolution of product integration issues and production anomalies.
- Researches basic technologies for potential application to company business needs.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- Experience coding in either/or Verilog and VHDL
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred
- Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing/Digital Communications algorithms and techniques (Turbo/Viterbi coding/decoding, Channel Estimation, Equalization, Filter Design, Resampling Theory
- Experience with high speed digital interfaces
- Experience in either/or Xilinx and Altera design
Typical Educational/Experience: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.