Job Summary (Primary function)
The Dermatology Therapeutic Specialist focuses on launching Ruxolitinib Cream for the newly created Inflammation & Autoimmunity division of Incyte. The Dermatology Therapeutic Specialist is the primary customer contact for this new division and plays a critical role in the successful launch within the dermatology specialty and other key segments. Key to success will be scientific or biologic product experience, strong sales background, relationships and knowledge of the different segments within the dermatology specialty, and the ability to execute national level strategies around the new launch platforms to maximize business opportunities.
Essential Functions of the Job (Key responsibilities)
- Engage customers within assigned geography and deliver scientific and clinically targeted messages to launch and grow a new brand and achieve or exceed product goals.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other field based stakeholders in the territory and region to proactively address customer needs, identify market dynamics, and develop strategies to ensure optimal success.
- Create and maintain a strategically developed business plan that reflects in-depth local market and account specific knowledge.
- Develop and maintain strong disease state knowledge and exemplary selling skills.
- Demonstrate and communicate in-depth knowledge of the clinical benefits of Incyte’s products to all external stakeholders.
- Execute on national level strategies, deliver branded and disease state sales messages, execute planned promotional programs.
- Provide exceptional customer service through total account management, including product access, reimbursement and on-label medical questions.
- Provide feedback on marketing tools and tactics and effectiveness reviews of sales activities.
- Represent in a professional, compliant, and ethical manner.
Qualifications (Minimal acceptable level of education, work experience, and competency)
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years of successful biotech/pharmaceutical sales experience, preferably in immunology or dermatology.
- Results oriented with a history of proven successful sales performance documented in annual reviews.
- A drive to achieve and operate with a high degree of integrity within compliance guidelines.
- Demonstrated strong business analytics and account management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to gain consistent access and develop strong professional relationships with providers.
- The ability to work effectively in collaboration with internal cross functional teams.
- Knowledge of complex market access landscape.
- Strong business planning acumen, highly organized with strong account management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record.