As a member of the Research and Development (R&D) team within Investment Management’s Portfolio Management group, this position will require an understanding of annuity products, equity indices, rates, and derivatives (options, futures, swaps, swaptions) as well as a moderate understanding of fixed income assets and Python programming. The candidate will work with existing R&D team members to migrate the existing production process onto a new quantitative development platform.
We are seeking a strong quantitative analyst and developer with trading operations experience to join Investment Management’s Research and Development team. In this role, the candidate will perform the following functions:
Perform and provide operational support for the Annuity Hedging Programs (Variable and Fixed Income)
- Engage and foster relationships with counterparts and associated personnel across Barings, Enterprise Risk Management, Finance and Accounting, Actuarial, and related life insurance business lines
- Execute and conduct regular reporting for various stakeholders
- Debug and troubleshoot programming exceptions and errors
- Modify and develop additional functionality as needed
- Collaborate with other R&D team members for special projects
- Additional responsibilities may include support for other programs (e.g. Foreign Exchange, Macro Equity/Tail Risk, and General Investment Account Asset Liability Management).
- Degree in math, statistics, quantitative finance, or engineering
- 3+ years of relevant work experience including model development
- Experience in a market risk setting within a financial entity or group
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working systems as part of a small group
- Understanding of derivative hedging instruments
- Ability to modify, develop, and update trading technologies and platform
- Self-starter and team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Programming proficiency in Python, SQL, NoSQL
- Compliance with all industry rules, regulations, and firm policies and practices
- Must be eligible to work in the United State without sponsorship now or in the future
- CFA or equivalent
- Logically evaluates the costs, risks, and benefits of alternatives before coming to a solution.
- Probes and looks past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues.
- Approaches problems holistically, defines connections, linkages, interdependencies and develops solutions.
- Takes ownership of problems and stays on top of them until resolved
- Critically evaluates the consequences and implications of alternatives, actions, or decisions.
Drives the organization to leverage fresh perspectives, breakthrough ideas, and new paradigms to create value
Creates an environment that encourages innovation and risk taking.
Advocates for needed change across the organization that add to our success.
Ensures the implementation of change with appropriate communications, goals, resources, metrics and reviews.
Takes ownership and personal responsibility for implementing change despite opposition or barriers.
Ability to successfully deliver difficult and/or complex messages and help others understand multiple points of views.