$100K — $150K *
Program: Littoral Combat Ship
Description:This is an exciting opportunity to join the Rotary and Mission Systems engineering team in Baltimore, MD supporting the Technical Director for the Littoral Combat Ship program, Freedom variant. This position will be the Deputy Technical Director for the Littoral Combat Ship program.
The candidate for this position shall:
- Understand US Navy Design Standards MIL-SPEC/901-D/STD-777 etc
- Familiarity with ABS NVR
- Troubleshoot propulsion, auxiliary and electrical systems and equipment
- Demonstrate familiarity with casualty review and assessment from equipment data (machinery control system, Programmable Logic Controllers, or similar) and material reviews
- Communicate with equipment OEMs/Shipyard/Customer (USN) regarding deficiencies, trial cards, and CARs/SCARs
- Interface with equipment vendors (OEMs) to troubleshoot systems such as Propulsion, Ship Machinery, and Electrical systems
- Communicate with Navy counterparts on technical issues
- Brief open issues at program reviews
This position requires:
- Travel to Marinette, WI; Mayport, FL; San Diego, CA; and possibly vendor locations
- Secret Security Clearance (ability to obtain)
The Desired Education for the candidate for this position is a bachelor's degree or greater in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering.
Bachelor's degree in any of the following will be considered:
o Naval architecture
o Marine Engineering
o Mechanical Engineering
o Electrical Engineering
o Robotic Engineering
o Systems Engineering
Minimum of 7 years of experience with US Navy or marine programs.
Prior US Navy active duty service desired
- Must be able to obtain a DoD security clearance.
- Familiarity with US military standards for engineering design and production.
- Familiarity with American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Naval Vessel Rules (NVR).
- LCS Freedom variant Familiarity (Onboard, drawings, and standards)
- At Sea Experience (Ex-Navy or civilian mariner)
- Shipyard Experience (new construction or repair)
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Secret
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Virtual Location: no
Valid through: 4/2/2021
$80K — $100K
$150K — $200K