The Deputy Program Director may be required to be a volume lead and/or writer as well as manage the proposal process. This role is expected to provide leadership and management oversight to develop volumes and ensure that they are compliant with solicitation requirements.
- Act as deputy for proposal director with staffing, planning, and other activities.
- Manage and direct proposal efforts and personnel
- Participate in the development and review of proposal strategies and themes, and develop a Proposal Management Plan
- Coordinate with company management to assemble proposal teams of resources, recommending internal resources and/or external resources when required
- Create a proposal outline and use it throughout the proposal development effort
- Analyze the RFP requirements against the proposal outline to ensure compliance and responsiveness to the customer's issues and needs throughout the proposal development effort
- Create the proposal compliance matrix and track the fulfillment of all requirements throughout the proposal development effort
- Direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts and graphic concepts development as needed
- Coordinate between the cost volume and the technical/management so that they are consistent
- Review completed storyboards and proposal sections to ensure requirements are addressed and that customer page limits are met
- Conduct regular proposal progress status meetings and maintain the proposal schedule
- Conduct color team reviews and ensure that the appropriate comments are incorporated into the proposal
- Create and direct proposal schedule in order to produce proposal and ensure delivery in advance of due dates
- Perform light desktop publishing and editing
- 5 years or more of proposal management in federal procurements (DOD, DHS, and GSA preferred) including small task orders to large, multi-volume, complex solicitations
- 3 years of more writing (management, past performance, resumes, etc.) highly preferred.
- Strong proposal management skills in professional services
- Experience proposal writing with the added ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
- Capabilities with MS Word, Excel, and other tools to assist in the production of proposals
- Enthusiasm for rolling-up your sleeves and working together as a team to produce exemplary deliverables
- Flexibility to work in various roles with staff with range of proposal capabilities
- Ability to creatively problem solve
- Ability to work within Shipley process with the agility to tailor to size, timeline, and resources available for bid