True software development is a team sport. To shape applications/systems, the Deputy Project Manager will need to leverage and utilize company SMEs, in addition to personal experience and expertise, to create the 'ah-ha' moments with clients. We are looking for a passionate, driven, and dynamic individual who wants to have a meaningful impact.
The Deputy Project Manager will be responsible for;
• Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves complex software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
• Coordinates hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed in accordance with company policy. Recommends resolution to complex matters of significance and coordinates the implementation of the approved course of action.
• Coordinates and monitors troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
• Oversees the installation of client department-specific applications and systems. Ensures installations are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; determines revisions or updates to installation as needed.
• Coordinates testing, upgrades and configuration of system files and services. Ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results. Prepares for and prescribes approaches to possible downstream implications.
• Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
• Must be able to create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations using the Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
• Ability to communicate clearly with upper management.
• Projects managed will include financial tracking, task tracking and the coordination of engineering, technical support, ILS support, quality control and field support. The personnel managed will include lower level managers, senior engineers, senior technicians and senior support personnel.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum Public Trust security clearance required. *Uncleared candidates not meeting specified requirements will not be considered*
• BS/MBA degree in Computer Science / Engineering, Information Technology or a related field
• 10+ years overall experience with at least 5 years experience in a management role
• CompTIA Security+ Certification.
• Experience supporting the U.S. Navy or Department of Defense (DoD).