Job Description OVERVIEW:
The Program Manager shall be responsible for the successful cost, schedule, and performance of the contract. Serves as the main point of contact for the Contracting Officer (CO), the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), the Government Program Manager, and the Contractor’s senior management. Directly contributes to program efforts in several areas, including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities. Ensures proper performance of tasks necessary to ensure the most efficient and effective execution of the contract. The PM shall utilize expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents.
- Bachelor's Degree + 5 years experience as a program or project manager in managing programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Shall have demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring, and reporting.
- Shall have at least one (1) year of demonstrated experience in conducting requirements analysis, resource allocation, project costing, deliverable tracking, schedule and financial data monitoring, and reporting.
- Shall be knowledgeable of the guidelines provided by the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), DoD 5000 series, and Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 801 policies.
- Work with the higher level program manager, if applicable, to provide effective and efficient management of the contractor’s effort
- Allocate resources (staffing, facilities, and budgets) on the contract
- Review and propose the Integrated Program Baseline (or resource loaded schedule) to the Government
- Review and approve all earned value, Estimate To Complete, Funds and Man-hour Expenditure Report, or other financial reports as appropriate
- Review risk and risk mitigation activities and allocate budgets for the same
- Prepare program status reviews and other formal reviews to be presented to the Government PM
- Review and allocate management reserve within contractual limits
- Ensure the timely recruitment and training of program staff – both direct and indirect
- Review all financial and technical reports before release to the Government
- Ensure cross-discipline integration within the contract to meet Government needs
- Communicate issues and solutions to the Government PM in a timely and transparent manner
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and administrative requirements imposed by the contract in coordination with the Contractor’s contracts staff
- Shall have PMP certification or FAC-P/PM Entry Level certification or Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA)Level 1 certification in Program Management.