The candidate will support the Program Manager in directly contributing to program efforts in several areas, including cost management/avoidance, schedule estimation and tracking, contract performance management, risk management, requirements analysis, and quality assurance activities. Ensures proper performance of tasks necessary to ensure the most efficient and effective execution of the contract. The PM shall utilize expert communication skills needed to direct the skilled technical resources and report on the technical progress, issues, and problem areas, as well as write and review technical documents. They must also have a strong service enablement orientation with a relentless focus on enhancing customer experience.
The candidate will also oversee and manage the Service Management Office (SMO) responsible for leading, operationalizing, and driving the Service Strategy, Design, Transition and Continual Service Improvement stages of the service delivery lifecycle.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Stand up and lead the SMO and drive Service Strategy, Design, Transition and Continual Service Improvement in a shared services model
- Help drive the transformation from a single Service Desk to an Enterprise Shared Services model with multiple technical & business services
- Experience establishing and implementing Project Management, IT Service Management (ITSM) and IT security services
- Adept at working in a team environment; able to provide guidance to Task Managers –
- Accomplishes results by communicating expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing, coordinating, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Ensures program staffing priorities / objectives are met
- Lead and guide the work of technical staff.
- Establishes strategic goals by gathering pertinent business and operational information; identifying and evaluating trends and options; choosing a course of action; defining objectives; evaluating outcomes.
- Responsible for maintaining relevant program metrics
- Maintains quality service by enforcing quality and customer service standards; analyzing and resolving quality and customer service problems; identifying trends; recommending performance improvements.
- Prepares and provides various reports and technical reviews to senior management as requested; serves as backup to the Program Manager
- Provide leadership for the team to identify and implement opportunities for service enhancements
- Provide administrative and functional support for personnel activities such as time keeping, performance reviews, counseling, and hiring
- Ensures compliance with relevant corporate and government policies and standards.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, Information Technology, Management / Business Management, Engineering or Computer Science (Master’s Degree Preferred)
- 10+ years of related program management experience
- Experience in managing large scale Service Desk and Desk side support for a large number of users, and with a large number of locations
- Certified ITIL® V3 Foundations
- Certified Project Management Professional Certification (PMP or PgMP)
- Experience managing all stages of the Service Delivery lifecycle including Service Strategy, Design, Transition, Operations, and Continual Service Improvement
- Experience in communicating with senior Government personnel, including agency executives.
- Demonstrated experience providing high-quality service with incentivized SLAs/performance standards.
- Experience overseeing and managing a program with over $60MM total contract value and a staff comprising 120+ members
- Demonstrated experience with service desk technologies including ServiceNow, NICE InContact, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Intelligent Virtual Agents (IVA)
- Demonstrated experience handling technical and financial matters associated with large programs and contracts.
- Prior experience supervising teams in multiple locations. On-site experience with the government and knowledge of mission, locations and organizational structure.
- Certified ITIL® Intermediate Level Certification
Up to 10% travel may be required