About WSP USA
WSP USA, formerly WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms—WSP. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the buildings, transportation, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 7,000 people in 100 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper.
WSP USA is looking for a new Deputy Program Director – Safety/Site Security/Quality Assurance/Construction Delivery who will report to the Program Director. Will be responsible for NCP construction delivery with an emphasis on the safety, site security, construction budget, scope definition, innovative approaches to phasing to reduce costs and all construction phase activities.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, architecture or related engineering discipline.
- Candidates must have a minimum of ten (10) years of progressive US design and construction experience at major hub airports in the US.
- Must have demonstrated experience in managing design and construction implementation teams with a minimum of one (1) program at a large-hub airport with a capital program of at least $500 million.
- Must be familiar with a wide range of project delivery methods (for example design-bid-build, design-build, construction manager at risk).
- Must have experience managing staff on large, complex construction programs including; project managers, safety managers, cost specialists, schedulers, office engineers and resident engineers.
- Must possess the ability to successfully manage and work with multifaceted teams including architects, engineers, subconsultants, inspectors, testing technicians, Construction Managers, General Contractors and subcontractors in a professional and technical manner.
- Must have demonstrated experience with safety programs, site security programs at an active international airport, quality assurance programs and management of the entire construction delivery process.
- Must have experience with and understanding of LEED gold certification requirements, Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) rules and guidelines, Transportation Security Administration (TSA) rules and guidelines, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance and proceedings, building permits, environmental permits and remediation, asbestos/mold abatement and removal, and dust control regulation compliance.
- Must have the ability to oversee all NCP construction from inception through completion with an emphasis on value analysis/value engineering, development of program schedule and construction delivery plan, preparation and presentation of status reports, project design and contract reviews, review and negotiation of change order requests, conflict resolution, and timely close out of the projects; commissioning and turn over to the owner and end users
- Must have ability to develop and execute various procedures such as: Construction Assurance Plan, Safety Plan, Hazard Analysis Plan, and Construction Integration Testing and Acceptance Plan.
- Must have a successful track record in risk management, conflict resolution; must have excellent communication skills and be proficient in various Project Management Software Systems.
- Local candidates preferred.
- Please submit cover letter, resume not more than two pages, 2 references relative to the position being requested as well as any additional candidate information and supporting qualifications