The Deputy Program Director of the anticipated USAID-funded Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+) program is responsible for overseeing the USAID Mission-funded and Washington-funded program portfolios, amounting to up to $30MM+ in annual expenditure, a global staff of 100+ and a Consortium of partners . The Deputy Program Director is a top-profile program management position that will manage teams and partners to strategize, design, and implement multiple yearly work plans focusing on strengthening quality assurance systems in USAID's priority low and middle-income countries in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Latin America.
The successful candidate is an acknowledged public health expert with extensive experience in managing large USAID-funded programs to successfully deliver on the program objectives and results.
- Master's degree (or equivalent) in medical product quality assurance, pharmacy, public health, health policy or a related field is required.
- 10+ years of relevant experience and a minimum of 5 years successfully leading implementation and project management of large USAID global programs or other donor-funded global health technical assistance programs related to medical product quality assurance systems strengthening focused on developing countries.
- Previous experience managing multiple projects simultaneously including 5+ years managing virtual teams, working in a multi-sector and cross-cultural environment, and coordinating concurrent priority activities essential.
- Proven ability to collaborate with operations, finance and administration as well as program management units to accomplish program objectives in a timely way while complying with USAID regulations.
- Demonstrated strong management experience and effective leadership in executing program objectives and accomplishing results.
USP offers an impressive benefits package , including:
- Generous paid time off – 14 paid holidays, 10 sick days and 15 vacation days per year to start
- An annual 401(k) contribution, beginning after 1 year of service, of 10% of pay (base and bonus) every pay period that vests immediately
- Comprehensive individual and family healthcare plans with affordable premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/individual or $500/family)