Deputy General Counsel
In a senior capacity, represents the firm, its affiliates and employees in broad range of legal matters involving employment law, including but not limited to issues related to: terminations, sexual harassment, discrimination, wage issues, and compliance with other state and federal laws. Provides training on matters relating to employment issues. Manages employment litigation and arbitrations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafts, negotiates and reviews contracts, including but not limited to offer letters, partnership agreements among employees, and other agreements as required.
- Advises management and other employees concerning business transactions, potential liability, and contractual issues.
- Interprets employment laws and cases involving the firm’s businesses.
- Analyzes legal and reputational risks associated with a wide variety of claim.
- Gathers evidence to formulate defenses to claims.
- Represents the firm and its employees in court, arbitration, or before government and regulatory agencies.
- Conducts legal research to assist in the firm’s business growth.
- Assists in general corporate legal drafting and preparation.
- Performs other legal responsibilities as requested by management.
- J.D. degree
- 10+ years employment law experience required
- Financial services industry experience is desired
- 5+ years in an in-house environment required
- Experience managing support staff, including paralegals and other personnel.
- Licensed to practice law in Missouri.
- Knowledge of the financial service industry, including institutional investing, chartered banks, trust companies and securities broker/dealers.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the particular audience.
- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Managing one’s own time while considering the time of others.
- Bringing others together to resolve issues and disputes.
- Willingness and ability to devote full effort to assisting the firm’s associates with legal issues.
4-6 years:Related Legal Work
Regulatory and/or Financial Institution