As Deputy General Counsel GRM Legal, you will be responsible for leading and managing the global GRM Legal Team to ensure the business objectives of GRM are properly enabled by providing solutions-oriented advice to an agile client. You will be responsible for a team of skilled legal professionals that provide strategic and proactive consultative legal support to the three GRM Regions on matters including but not limited to product development, innovation, partnerships, underwriting, distribution and claims to generate a competitive advantage while ensuring statutory and regulatory compliance.
- Heads GRM Legal Practice Area within Corporate Legal
- Provides highly specialized legal support to the Company and oversees and provides advice and counsel; plays a key role in the formulation and implementation of overall legal strategy
- Leads a global legal team comprised of approximately 50 FTE
- Manages estimated budget responsibilities of $5.5M, with focus on continuous improvement and enabling the efficient and effective delivery of legal services to GRM Legal
- Requires strong leadership, communication and influence across broad number of business segments, geographies, partners, and stakeholders
- Recommends practical courses of action to achieve client goals within the scope of what is legally permissible and applicable risk tolerances.
- Leads as part of both the Corporate Legal and GRM Executive Teams
Primary Location: Boston, MA
Salary: USD $0.00/Yr.-USD $0.00/Yr.
Education Level: Juris Doctor
Travel: As Needed
- JD, 15 or more years of legal experience preferred
- Deep personal and/or commercial lines experience required - includes, but not limited to product development, innovation, partnerships, underwriting, distribution and claims
- Expert level knowledge of laws, regulations and global insurance industry framework
- Management experience strongly preferred - the role manages a global team, which requires global perspective and cultural acumen
- Extensive experience collaborating across boundaries, building high performing teams, building trust and delivering value to clients, partners and policyholders
- Contributes to and owns strategy development and execution
- Prior experience managing complex Functional and Business Unit relationships
- Ability to advances the Enterprise & Function DE&I plans, through practices that deliver diversity of thought, active sponsorship, mentorship, and acts as an ally for individuals and ERGs, contributes to advancing long-term workforce representation goals and equity enabling practices/processes
- Expert level organizational awareness