You will be a critical, highly visible and impactful member the legal department and a true legal partner to the business. You will manage a team of legal professionals in negotiating on prem, SaaS (Cloud), partner and other agreements involving a variety of complex and evolving issues. You will also provide support for key business initiatives and transactional process improvements. This is a hands-on role in which you will interact daily with customers, partners, senior executives and other internal clients across multiple organizations, including Sales, Finance, Customer Success and Security.
This position is a People Manager and reports to the SVP, General Counsel.
- Manage a team of legal professionals in the negotiation of complex on prem, SaaS (Cloud) and partner agreements
- Provide business and legal advice for issues and risks related to contracting processes, including approval matrices, company policies and procedures, and IP and regulatory requirements
- Collaborate with other members of the legal team to ensure business needs are met and to improve transactional processes
- Drive business and efficiency initiatives and projects, as required
- 15+ years of relevant legal experience at a leading law-firm and/or in-house experience, with a minimum of 5 years of people leadership experience in building, running and/or developing high performing teams. Experience with enterprise software and SaaS businesses is required
- Substantial experience negotiating complex on prem, SaaS (Cloud) and partner agreements
- JD and excellent academic credentials
- California Bar admission in good standing (or Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
- An experienced team leader, ready to drive results and develop successful legal professionals, preferably with experience managing teams of 15 or more legal professionals across geographies
- Strong interpersonal skills and collegial attitude, especially able to develop strong working relationships within the legal team; a collaborative, team player who likes to work with others to get the job done
- Proactive, self-motivated, organized and able to meet multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Substantial experience relating to software and SaaS centric issues, such as revenue recognition, tax, privacy, security, HIPAA, GDPR, intellectual property rights, etc., preferably with US and international enterprises and public sector entities
- Strong analytical, drafting, communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and understanding of DocuSign