Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world’s most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization.
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Deputy Discipline Project Manager to be based in Middletown, CT.
The Compression Systems Engineering (CSE) engine module center is responsible for the design, validation, manufacturing, delivery, and support of the Fan, Low Pressure Compressor, and High Pressure Compressor modules across all of our military and commercial products. As Deputy Discipline Manager you will lead the F135 FAN Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) project teams through multiple program phases. You are responsible for all aspects of the design from a project engineering discipline perspective.
Your responsibilities include:
- Supervising, developing and mentoring a team of 5-6 project engineers
- Ensuring technical excellence, task execution, hardware delivery, requirements validation, delivery, and production/field support of the compression system engine module.
- Developing components that meet or exceed module and system requirements
- Working collaboratively with Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and system design teams to tackle technical issues.
- Successfully executing P&W's engineering process called Engineering Standard Work.
- Leading the project engineering team to meet aggressive program demands.
- Continuous improvement of project engineering tools and procedures
To be successful in this role, you should have the following experience:
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 8+ years engineering and/ or program management experience
- U.S. citizenship required due to government contracts
- Masters in Engineering or MBA
- Experience with gas turbine components
- Experience in the development of fans or compressors
- Solid project management skills, including budgeting, scheduling, resource planning, EVMS, critical path schedule development and risk management.
- Experience leading teams to successfully meet technical, schedule and budget requirements.
- Previous experience in either development or production environment executing hardware deliveries
- Capability to work and lead in collaboration with other non-collocated teams.
- Ability to mentor and develop staff. Previous team leadership experiencepreferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and trending skills
- Focus on results and driving tasks to completion
- Ability to work across functions, organizations, and all levels of management
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement principles
- The ability to craft clear communication and develop meaningful relationships.