Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, and performance of a program or function or collection of programs or functions at one or more company or customer locations.
- Plan and execute the project to achieve the client's objectives, milestones and benchmarks.
- Serve as the Odyssey point of contact for requirements definition, planning, execution and reporting.
- Identify task requirements, interdependencies, and key resources for projects’ successes.
- Coordinate regularly with the client to ensure that the resources are available and the execution plans are sufficient to achieve the client's goals and objectives.
- Assign resources and supervise the project team manager to achieve the client's milestones.
- Continuously measure task performance and report progress, issues, problems and variances from benchmarks at least monthly.
Business Planning and Budgeting
- Plan and budget for all resources required to successfully execute the project, including, but not limited to direct project salary/labor, contracted labor, indirect salary/labor, material, and travel.
- In coordination with the Director and the Business Manager, plan and budget for all resources required to develop, expand and maintain the client relationship, including but not limited to indirect salary/labor, business meals, advertising, and other business development expenses.
- In coordination with the Director and Business Manager, plan and budget for all resources required to recruit, develop, motivate, and reward team members and achieve employee retention goals.
Business Development and Revenue Generation
- Conduct all phases of business development, i.e., networking, opportunity identification, pursuit, pre-proposal preparation, proposal development, and post-submittal.
- In conjunction with the Director and Business Manager, establish and document project’s revenue goals annually.
- Secure contracts for the project that are sufficiently funded, and execute contracts to achieve the project's revenue and profit goals.
- Develop strategies and tactics to support the Business Development plans to expand business and revenue within the project, consistent with project objectives.
- Review actual and projected revenue, profit, and direct labor each month and report variances to the Director.
- Develop get-well plans for revenue, profit and/or direct labor shortfalls.
- As the primary Odyssey point of contact for the project, ensure that project team performance consistently meets or exceeds established customer satisfaction benchmarks.
- Develop and foster solid customer relationships by providing honest value and communicating effectively with the customer to anticipate, identify and eliminate project deficiencies or issues.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with the customer(s) to anticipate emerging requirements and develop effective support solutions.
Human Resources Management
- As the primary Odyssey point of contact for the project, work with the Director and Corporate Team Member Services (TMS) to attract, recruit, and retain team members who meet or exceed our high standards.
- Work with each team employee to develop and document personal and professional development goals that support project and organizational goals.
- Provide guidance and feedback to team members concerning employee development needs; advocate employee development.
- Review goal achievement with team members on a quarterly basis, providing clear written feedback on results, accomplishments, issues and deficiencies.
- Address discipline issues in accordance with corporate policies and after coordination with the Director and TMS.
- Prepare annual performance evaluations for all assigned personnel; coordinate with the Director prior to delivering formal employee feedback.
- Active DOD TS clearance
- Master’s degree and 8+ years of related experience
- PMP certification or DAWIA Certification Level III
Additional Information: Travel is required
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment#LI-POST