About this Line of Business
ResCare Workforce Services is the nation's leading and most comprehensive provider of services and solutions designed to help put people to work.
With more than 400 urban, suburban and rural ResCare-managed operations throughout the nation, ResCare's team of more than 4,500 workforce professionals sets the industry's best practices, assisting approximately 1 million job seekers a year, states and state job boards and thousands of employers.
Within this business, Workforce Services offers a combination of career center operations, Job Corps centers, business services and family support functions, and is the largest for-profit collection of workforce solutions in the U.S. Through the six elements of our world-class service delivery model, our team of experts have an enhanced ability to connect employers with qualified job seekers.
As a(n) Deputy Director you will:
- Assist management in addressing the administrative needs and provide supervision day to day operations of the project.
- Oversees the activities of the center and functional areas.
- Manage employees and existing personnel in accordance with company and contract requirements ensuring compliance with Center / ResCare policies and procedures.
- Compile and analyze information from a variety of sources to assist in the preparation of reports.
- Compare performance data to contract and/or state goals on a weekly basis.
- Facilitate staff training.
- Will be responsible for interacting and responding to inquiries by Funding Source and or ResCare as required.
- Understanding of conducting training and needs assessment.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing solutions for various challenges.
- Responsible for ensuring timely submissions of requiredreports from all departments and timely submission of reports to Funding Source, ResCare or immediate supervisor as required.
- May conduct monthly meetings involving all staff Interprets and applies regulations and policies and ensures consistency and compliance with governing laws and regulations.
- Investigates, troubleshoots and develops/recommends solutions to inquiries, problems and issues.
- Bachelor's degree in business, management or human services related field from an accredited university or college, or equivalent work experiencepreferred.
- Five years professional experience organizing, planning and developing social programs and services at a management level plus two years upper level management experience or equivalent combinations thereof.
- Minimum five years supervisory experience Knowledge of workforce policies and procedures preferred.
- Commitment to customer focused service delivery systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.