The Deputy Director, Regional Operations is located in the Office of Regional Operations (ORO) within the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), Department of the Chief of Program Operations, in Washington, DC. The Deputy Director, Regional Operations is responsible for providing program direction in planning, developing, executing, and evaluating CNCS programs through a regional model. The incumbent serves as a thought partner to the Director of Regional Operations in the development and implementation of regional strategic plans.
The individual selected for this position will play a lead role in transformation of the current CNCS structure and have major responsibility for standing up a new regional structure of 8 regions, to include leading hiring, onboarding and training of newly hired staff, space management, business process development, office procedures and policies, learning regional landscapes, seeking partnerships, etc.
- Oversees the development and execution of regional operating plans and monitors the performance of all regional offices. Integrates program priorities and operating strategies for all CNCS streams of service into regional operating plans.
- Assists Program leadership with formulating policies for programmatic and technical aspects of regional operations and their integration with Headquarters' decisions.
- Designs and maintains performance metrics to monitor regional performance through regional leadership. Recommends enhancements to business processes to improve program delivery, or meet unique or changing community needs. Leads business process reengineering efforts to improve regional efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensures Regional Operations is adequately resourced to perform its mission and oversee day-to-day business activities in the office, including financial management, staffing, information technology, space, resources, travel, and training.
- Represents the Director, Regional Operations to internal and external stakeholders regarding CNCS programs and initiatives.
- In coordination with program leadership, providing authoritative interpretation and clarification of policies and procedures to regional leadership, grantees, and project sponsors. Ensures consistent application of CNCS standards and effective oversight of operations across regions.
- Develops regional standards of performance and management systems to drive accountability across regions. Ensures program results are defined, measurable, and focused on improving community outcomes in program focus areas.
- Coordinates all Human Capital planning and projections for Regional Operations. Works with regional offices to ensure human capital policies and procedures are followed and works with Director, Regional Operations to ensure that staffing levels are assessed and monitored frequently throughout the year.
- Coordinates nationwide budget development and management for Regional Operations.
- Serves as Acting Director, Regional Operations when needed.