The primary objectives of this position are to lead cross functional projects, provide assistance to Head of Analytics by helping to guide project work, and create analytics to help improve the strategy and tactics of the marketing & sales organization. This position is responsible for transforming data into meaningful, action oriented business insight towards optimizing resource utilization and revenue. Business knowledge, Project management skills, and analytical expertise are critical to continuously assess and improve the company's approach to ensure sales and marketing is performing optimally. Strong experience in project management, an understanding of analytics, and an ability to apply analytics to a real world setting with imperfect data, are critical to success in this role. A knowledge of advanced analytics, data mining techniques, and IS systems will be key to executing projects and mentoring other analysts.
Develop and oversee cross functional projects
- Develop Analytics projects that have significant impact on ComOps ability and are driven by key business questions to make timely decisions. Projects will include interaction with a wide range of audiences (Senior Management, Marketing, Field Management & External Customers)
- In addition to analytical projects, position will also manage projects related to sales force/marketing resource optimization and market research.
- Support the Head of Analytics on major cross-functional project through duties such as coordination of committees, vendor management, and determination of analytical methodology. All projects will ensure that the company objectives are achieved.
Propose and develop strategic analysis:
- Utilize multiple tools to align with the company's revenue goals and objectives determined by senior management.
- Partner closely with Analytics, Reporting, Operations, and IS Teams to ensure data/reporting required for analysis is delivered to key customers (e.g. Product Marketing, Sales, Senior Management, External Customers) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Partner with External customers, ComOps, and IS teams to ensure dashboards, strategic reports/analysis, and ad hoc information is delivered efficiently and timely to support business needs.
- Partner with IS and team members to identify and drive operational efficiencies and the strategic vision of the department while aligning with company goals and objectives towards revenue generation.
- Ensure accuracy of analysis by developing and adhering to QC/validation procedures to achieve the highest level of accuracy and quality standards. Contribute to team validation efforts.
Lead Key Projects and Mentor Analysts:
- As a leading expert in the area, advise and oversee key projects being managed by other Analysts
- Provide critical thinking for successful project completion, including project management, technical assessment, stakeholder management, and final presentation, among other success factors
- Provide feedback to management on the analyst development plans and progress towards key action steps
- Help develop and conduct training for new and existing analysts. Partner with IS, external vendors and others to identify external training to elevate skill sets.
- During times of high project volume, this position will take on a leadership role helping to manage projects. Position is responsible for recommending best demonstrated practices with respect to project management, and work with Head of Analytics to implement them within the group.
Work closely with key customers to assess business needs:
- Partner with External Customers, Product Marketing, Sales & Senior Management on a range of projects
- Drive a structured approach to identifying key business questions and achieve consensus
- This includes discussions on products, competitors, new product pipelines, public polices, etc. to become a true business partner.
- Participate in customers' team meetings (e.g. project prioritization, agency reviews) in order to gain a deep understanding of the business.
Identify industry best practices:
- Explore and apply new data, tools, and methodologies, and adapt to vaccines environment and business.
- Evaluate new data sets (public and private) to determine robustness and value.
- Develop plans to import into SP systems and apply.