Job Description :
The CRH Deputy Chief Engineer will assist the CRH Chief Engineer in providing leadership and accountability for internal program execution and customer interface related to all engineering aspects of the program.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to assume a technical leadership role including engineering project management, cross-functional and cross-company team leadership and internal and external customer interface.
The CRH Deputy Chief Engineer will also be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
• Leading a cross functional design and manufacturing engineering team through initial manufacturing, flight testing and future block upgrades.
• Develop and execute plans for key engineering deliverables (drawings, tooling, etc.) along with corresponding metrics.
• Management of and interaction with internal and external suppliers critical to execution of the CRH program.
• Interface with various functional disciplines including program management, supply chain management, finance, contracts, operations, supportability, and quality.
• Align team around use of digital tools and standard work.
• Establish, execute and monitor key technical performance metrics for measuring program progress against contract objectives.
• Assist in leading the execution of the Huey Replacement Program (HRP) FEA project.
• Preferred candidate would have 15+ years of rotorcraft system design engineering experience with 3-5 years leading an IPT and experience working with a USG customer.
• Candidate must have strong leadership skills, be a self-starter, have good technical problem-solving ability, good interpersonal skills, and be comfortable operating in a process improvement and earned value environment.
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering (required)
• Masters of Science in Engineering (preferred)
• Experience with successful project management of large projects
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Occasional travel to Wright Patterson AFB and selected suppliers