At Pratt and Whitney, the sky has no limits.
With Pratt & Whitney, you’ll be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that’s moving fast to help build a dependable future of aviation; one that allows you a full of career opportunities and the chance to use your talents and grow in a variety of ways alongside a team of dedicated individuals.
Do you have high-energy and an insatiable drive for delivering strong results?
Do you enjoy being on the manufacturing floor, but also given opportunity to learn and be involved with strategic initiatives?
CSMC operations is looking for a high-energy, dynamic team leader to fulfill the Deputy Unit Business Mgr. The Deputy Business Unit Mgr is responsible for assisting the Business Unit Manager in driving all key metrics: EH&S, delivery, cost reduction, quality, and fostering employee engagement to drive the growth of group. Understanding and ultimately exceeding customer expectations is an essential attribute in the production lead role. They are accountable for leading continuous process improvement opportunities, hourly staff planning, and critical resource allocation to meet business goals. You will also assists in the development of strategic planning such as forecasts, financial planning, training and capital expenditures. Excellent organization, prioritization, and interpersonal skills are essential. The individual must embrace ACE, which is our Operating System and lean manufacturing vision and thrive in a team environment with high-performance expectations.
Job responsibilities will include
- Establish work schedules taking into account customer requirements, resource availability, and other priorities
- Work proactively to address issues and engage the workforce in achieving cell goals
- Communicate to peers requirements at supporting process to ensure smooth process flow
- Drive World Class safety culture is maintained and respond to all EH&S requirements promptly
- Drive ACE continuous improvement initiatives - utilize ACE tools to improve production, performance, and reduce scrap, rework, and repair
- Control quality, productivity and process flow to meet MRP requirements while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction
- Develop monthly delivery plans that align with customer needs and satisfy financialobligations.
Qualification: Required Qualifications
- Master’s degree with 3+ years or Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years working in the Aerospace industry
- 2+ years of experience in a leadership role managing teams; or owning programs and/or projects
- U.S. Citizenship required due to government contract
- B.S/ B.A in Engineering or other related technical discipline
- Master’s Degree (MBA highly preferred)
- Experience managing teams/ people in a union environment
- Ability to work with all levels of management and communicate effectively with peers, customers and clients
- Ability to plan projects and to craft clear written/verbal/analytical/org skills to influence business objectives
- A leader who is able to effectively supervise, train, coach and motivate employees
- Understanding and ability to drive quality and customer satisfaction through ACE operating system
- You should be highly self-directed and able to learn quickly with a strong ability to drive and deliver results
Inclusion Powers Innovation
The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered.
Education: Education/ Certifications:
- B.S/ B.A in engineering, operations or related field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 70097BR