The Deputy BSA officer provides program support for the BSA Officer and Department in support the Bank's BSA compliance programs.
- Maintain and review the BSA and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) monitoring system to assure that it has appropriate tools to identify suspicious or fraudulent activities.
- Monitor the Bank?s compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws and recognize suspicious activities related to money laundering, terrorist financing and illegal activity.
- Ensure adherence to various banking federal laws and regulations.
- Assist the BSA Officer with setting the strategic vision of the BSA/AML program.
This role is also intended to provide operational support to the BSA Officer on all day-to-day matters.
- Ensure employees have the access, knowledge, training and resources required to maintain BSA/AML compliance in their respective areas of operation.
- Manage projects covering a wide spectrum of areas, from assisting business units in developing efficient BSA/AML processes that appropriately identify risk and adhere to bank-wide policy.
- Assist the BSA Officer with all BSA/AML/OFAC risk assessments for new and enhanced product and service development enterprise wide, including assessing inherent risk and exposure as well as applicable control environment or control enhancements needed for viable execution and launch of products and services.
- Maintain a current awareness of the regulatory environment and emerging regulatory and financial crime risks that may impact the bank?s products/services, and BSA/AML controls.
- The successful candidate should have the following experience:
- Experience in a senior BSA/AML role at a large bank, or as the BSA Officer at a community bank.
- Must be deeply knowledgeable on BSA/AML/KYC and OFAC matters, as well as financial products and services and bank operations.
- Interacting successfully with federal banking regulators.
- In addition to possessing a strong BSA/AML background and a sophisticated understanding of the risks related to the role, the candidate would ideally have some familiarity with or direct experience in sanctions compliance.