What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – RetailBanking, Commercial Banking, and Wealth Management.
We are currently seeking qualified, motivated talent to assist with defining and executing the road map - including pricing, product introductions and retirements, feature and functionality development, and offer strategies - for a broad array of products encompassing one or more significant market segments or business lines. Compile, develop and distribute competitive and consumer analysis; product definition and design; business requirements and systems execution; pricing and profitability. Support build out of deposit pricing governance routines and charter.
- Assists pricing manager in the development of business strategies, and directs execution against those strategies. Partners broadly across the organization - systems, finance, legal, compliance, training, marketing and all channels - to deliver against defined business objectives successfully.
- Working with the pricing manager, evaluates ideas for new products, investigates business segment opportunities and effect on market of present products; recommends exploitation of economically attractive opportunities. Makes strong and well-reasoned recommendations, and advances controversial or unpopular positions if they are in the best interests of the business.
- Understands and represents the interests of the customer, translating customer needs into actionable business opportunities.
- Evaluates current economic conditions and regulatory environment, and advises management of possible impact on entire product and service lines of the overall business segment.
- Manages vendor and partner relationships
- Gathers market intelligence so that business segment opportunities may be capitalized on as they occur and the effects of competitive activity are minimized.
- Assists the development and recommendations of pricing strategies that will result in meeting specific business segment and or product objectives.
- Ensures all new and existing products and communication related to products are in compliance with bank policy and regulatory requirements.
- Support build out of deposit pricing governance routines and charter
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years in a product development/management, analytics, or finance
- 3+ years in a bank environment
Field of Experience
- Thorough knowledge of business segment's product lines assigned including operational aspects. Complete understanding of product planning, financial analysis, and market research. Thorough knowledge of the sales and marketing aspects of multiple product lines.