The Deployment Project Manager is a critical function within the product team that collaborates very closely with the Executive Producer, Product Manager, and GM on the product. The Deployment PM ensures products and game services are at highest level of quality across all platforms and with all applicable languages to safeguard broad and deep consumer reach. The DPM is the point person for all Build, Localization, QA and Submissions operations related to individual project that they are assigned. They know the games inside and out, and can describe in detail exactly how features and designs are supposed to function - or figure out how to get that information. By regularly communicating with product managers, producers, developers and other project stakeholders, the Deployment PM leads our remote Quality and Localization partner teams and ensures Scopely games are properly distributed to the appropriate internal and external audiences at all times, localized where required, and thoroughly swept to be of the highest quality for commercial launch.
What you will do
- Develop QA Resource Plans, including Alpha / Beta / Final build criteria signoff, Capacity Planning, Certification, and Risk Management.
- Create documentation to track projects against, including Project GDD, QA GDF items, SDK testing tutorials, device coverage matrices, and new feature spec breakdowns.
- Setup and own projects in the JIRA bug database, including participating in Sprint Planning, setting up dashboards, communicating issues to partners, and sending regular status reports to both project and executive team members.
- Setup projects and approve testing plans and new test cases in Test Rail (test management system).
- Be responsible for GDF gate sign-offs on behalf of QA and own the Release Criteria process for the entire team.
- Manage test accounts across HockeyApp, Facebook, Google Play, and Testflight Beta as well as others.
- Train and manage remote and external functional QA testing teams and their output.
- Support and train the external development QA testing teams and their output to interact seamlessly with the other functional QA vendors.
- Run project retrospectives and inform team members on new action items.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining all build and build distributions for your projects to the appropriate audience at the appropriate time based on project needs including core team, functionality QA, localization, localization QA, licensors and to all internal Scopely stakeholders for review.
- Plan, lead, and own the localization and localization QA planning and execution.
- Project set-up and execution in localization tool including teams, structure, languages, build generators and project structures based on project needs.
- Partner with localization partner on translation plan and execution incl. ensuring all required materials are available such as glossaries, GDD, reference build, content context, string comments/instructions/limits where applicable and more. Ensure all translator queries are addressed. Ensure dev is receiving the translations in a correct and timely format.
- Partner with localization QA partner on Localization QA plan and execution incl. ensuring flows, cheats, appropriate checklists, facebook logins, tool access and more is set up.
- Manage daily workflow, answer localization QA queries, track velocity against progress tracker and provide direct fixes from localization tools to Dev.
- Own the Live Events testing process and execution for your projects. Partner with PM, Producer, Dev to manage this including the planning and execution of Localization, Localization QA and Functionality tied to Live Events.
- Manage your projects listing in iTunes Connect, the Google Play Developer Console and other submission tools including the input of IAPs, Leaderboards, Achievements, and the submission/release of each new version.
- Manage the tracking and distribution of submission specific information for your project to ensure that Production, Marketing, Deployment, and Account teams are aligned on the specifications of each version release and receive updates on 1st party review status.
- Build and maintain strong relationships within the QA teams, external vendors and all development partners
What you need
- Degree level education or equivalent experience.
- Passion for mobile games and experience working on games as a live service.
- 4 years of managerial experience in a functionality QA PM or Manager function that encompasses iOS and Android projects.
- Minimum 5 years of QA experience.
- Proven ability to manage a test team both internally and remotely.
- Experience working in an internal or distributed QA environment and manage remote teams.
- Strong and demonstrated knowledge of project management, software development methodologies
- Previous experience of building test plans, capacity plans to support those test plans and execute against them.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner both written and verbally.
- Proactively identify risks, changes needed and execute solutions, with appropriate sense of urgency.
- Proficient with setting up and navigating through JIRA, Google Docs, Google Sheets/Excel, and a build distribution management system (HockeyApp preferred)
- Familiarity with the Google Play Developer Console, iTunes Connect, Amazon Developer Console, and other 1st party submission tools.
- Exceptional attention to detail.