The Deployment Engineer will support the Manager and Sr Deployment Engineers with successful deployment of integrated or stand-alone releases into production. Deployment Engineers support the Deployment Manager in the mission to continually lead, facilitate, and coordinate synchronized releases by using the program to maximize value delivered to their Customers. Coordinates, plan, executes, documents, and provides post support for existing and newly implemented software and hardware projects. This position also provides support for onsite technicians at all MGM Resorts properties. This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PC’s, and IP networking. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and MGM Resorts International policies, procedures and legal requirements. At all times, the goals and interests of the department, division and all MGM Resorts International properties (individually and collectively) must be upheld and preserved.
- Analyze hardware & software needs for planning of projects and make recommendations based on requirements.
- Generate new, and innovative solutions to complex problems, and proposes improvements to processes by taking a broad perspective to problems, and identifies new, less obvious solutions.
- Use existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems.
- Document project metrics for presentation to Senior Management, and coordinate tasks for deployments
- Coordinate with Project Manager for resource scheduling.
- Support projects accordingly on assigned projects for necessary tasks.
- Work with Project managers to ensure necessary components for successful deployment.
- Support project deployments appropriately to deliver upon committed project goals.
- Coordinate with outside vendors for project implementation.
- Work with end users both pre and post deployment to ensure verification of successful product delivery.
- Develop software automation scripts, and documentation for deployments.
- Create and update documentation for projects as necessary.
- Support technical training as needed on new technology platforms / solutions that are encompassed by assigned projects
- Provide support with hardware/software issues on company, and non-company supported devices
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field; or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in Information Technology in a similar role.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Previous experience in quality assurance.
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
- CompTIA A+ Certified
- MCP or higher