This position is based in Canada or the US where you can look forward to working with an engaged team. This is a technical and customer-facing position working with the Professional Services team to support our customers.
The Deployment Engineers work closely with customers, project managers and product development to deploy new installations, service existing installations and provide level 2 and 3 support for our customers.
We seek a technically inclined individual with a customer focus who can handle a range of responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Deployment of Vital software solutions: From small IT solutions to complex regional solutions with several 3rd party system integrations – you play an important role in the entire deployment process: From system architecture and design to final acceptance testing
- Service and support (Level 2 and 3) of existing customer installations as required
- Proactive service based on system monitoring information
- Technical tasks in assisting with project deployment such as installing virtual machines, OSs and software and scripting
- Helping clients to understand our technologies in relation to imaging and clinical workflows.
What you bring to the team
You are thorough, analytical and engaged in your work. Your skillset enables you to see and understand all aspects of an issue and get to the root of it. You will be part of a dedicated team, working across the Karos Health organization to provide our customers with the best possible support.
The right candidate is smart, curious and engaged, and is able to document experience with the following:
- Degree in Computer Science or similar or at least 5 years’experience in a related position
- Experience deploying PACS solutions and /or strong clinical background on imaging.
- Previous experienceworking with large healthcare enterprises either directly as a member of the healthcare enterprise or a vendor of the healthcare enterprises.
- Excellent communication skills: Written, verbal and listening.
- Must be able to multitask
- In addition, you have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Shell scripts under bash or Ruby/Perl scripts
- HTML, XML, PHP, and SQL
- Experience with CentOS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience with administration of standard service such as: Apache, bind, Directory Server, NTP, NFS or OpenSSL
- Experience with DB2, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, or MySQL
- Network administration: IPv4 networks, NAT, VLAN and VPN
- Network sniffing: Wireshark or tcpdump
- Active Directory configuration and administration
Nice to have
- Knowledge of healthcare standards: IHE, DICOM and HL7
- Bilingual French / English