Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter’s high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter’s wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT MANAGER – Athens, AL
- Manages and provides leadership/direction to first-line supervisors and maintenance employees that are focused on preventative maintenance and repairs on equipment and systems (e.g. mechanical, electrical). Engages supervisors’/maintenance technicians to identify equipment improvements to improve availability, capacity and yield.
- Provides leadership in the implementation of a total preventative/predictive maintenance management (TPM) program and manages assets based on criticality analysis including an acceptable level of risk management.
- Support optimizing business execution and driving productivity; a results oriented focus which includes a disciplined approach in a timely and fiscally sound manner.
- Drives/leads the effort of transforming equipment management by reducing outages, increasing equipment lifespan, reducing quality risks through optimal management of critical equipment.
- Oversees the designing, implementing, deploying, and monitoring of system based applications used to support the maintenance and reliability programs. Develop timely metrics to track the site’s overall reliability performance and determine the “net value add” to the business.
- Provides leadership to supervisors and the maintenance organization to perform equipment failure analyses (including FMEA analysis leading to predictive and preventative maintenance practices, defined standards, people development, etc.)
- Performs other duties and special assignments as needed in support of the site.
- Four-year college degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a related engineering discipline is required, an MBA or other advanced degree is a plus. 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing, engineering or staff support position. Prior supervisor or manager experiencerequired.
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated usage of FMEA methodology. Experience driving and supporting a discipline operating structure.
- Team fit -strategic fit within the new Carpenter culture. Experience listening to customers (both internal and external) and developing strategy based solutions.
- Demonstrated strong safety leadership required. Experiencedirecting/supervising others and objectively evaluate performance and train/develop others.
- Experience applying business and management expertise to achieve financial and operational objectives within or across departments.
- Knowledge of manufacturing systems including computer systems, manufacturing processing environment, material flow and handling schemes, quality systems, and process control techniques.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, organization skills, project management skills, and interpersonal skills. Requires good problem solving and project management skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever changing production environment
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.