$100K — $150K *
1. Advocate for the safety and health of employees.
2. Identify, develop, and prioritize manufacturing plans to achieve service, quality and productivity goals.
3. Define and implement productivity, scrap and cost improvement projects.
4. Implement and sustain performance metrics.
5. Exercise ownership and creativity to drive area projects while adhering to safety and quality system requirements.
6. Establish a clear vision for areas assigned that complements the site and corporation vision while optimizing the use of technology to improve performance, service and quality.
7. Manage the personnel and capital resources to optimize the systems and methods which meet the business needs while balancing labor and expense budgets.
8. Scheduling of resources to ensure efficient operation of equipment and planned maintenance of equipment.
9. Own purchasing responsibilities for equipment and operator supplies.
10. Create a climate that promotes ownership and continuous improvement.
11. Actively engage employees on the manufacturing floor and maintain standard cadence
12. Able to conduct performance reviews to grow reports skills and value.
13. Key site leadership team member that interacts with other departments in an open and participative manner. Interacts with others in the company and with external contacts.
14. Ability to oversee multiple projects and maintain progress through the efforts of his or her team.
15. Ensure onboarding and training activities are completed and reviewed with employees.
16. Lead employee owned work instructions to ensure consistent reliable operations.
17. Develop and execute annual performance plan to achieve business goals for the site.
18. Support new product development and commercialization.
19. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience
• B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or other (applicable) technical discipline. 5+ years' experience in a maintenance supervisor or manager role overseeing 15+ employees.
Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Troubleshooting capabilities. Familiar with methodologies and tools to facilitate problem solving and process improvements. Basic familiarity with 6 Sigma, lean or other similar experience necessary.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Knowledge of ISO requirements in manufacturing preferred.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) which includes active listening.
• Requires walking and standing to traverse the manufacturing site while performing duties. Occasional bending, stooping and climbing while observing processes. Will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Combination of office and manufacturing work environment. While performing the duties of this job, exposed to moving mechanical parts. May be exposed to wet or humid conditions.
May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. Is regularly exposed to high noise environments. May be exposed to extremely dusty environments and to chemicals used in the processes.
Valid through: 7/8/2020