SSOE is searching for a Department Manager to join the Food and Consumer Products team. The Department Manager should have strong technical BIM/CAD experience and excel in interpersonal communications. The Department Manager will manage the mechanical designers within the Food Division and will be responsible for managing staff in multiple office locations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assigning staff workload, and monitoring progress.
- Experience managing engineers, designers and delegating.
- Identify when additional staff RFT or contract staff is required based upon workload, growth and strategic hires.
- Responsible for quality, budget, and schedule performance of department.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives within the department.
- Identify training needs for department personnel.
- Participate in creating development plans for staff within department.
- Participate in presentations, preparing proposals, and business development activities.
- Provide regular feedback to department personnel on their performance.
- Manage salary administration for the department.
- Ensure checking, the quality process and client CAD standards are met.
- Evaluate software needs for the department.
- Perform some mechanical design but balanced with the managerial responsibilities.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree / DIRECT / 8+
OSHA 10/30-hour Construction Certificate preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in the Food or Consumer Products
- Industry and/or Industrial Manufacturing preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Associates Degree in Mechanical design.
- 12 – 15+ years experience required.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Proficient in grid systems, benchmarking and elevations.
- Proficient in general arrangements, Layouts, plan views, elevations, end views, details, 3D models.
- Proficient in Plant 3D and AutoCAD 2D design software. Inventor experience is a plus.
- Proficient in development of contractor installation/construction packages.
- Proficient in detailed drawing checking process.
About SSOE Group
As a Top 10 Engineering / Architecture firm for the past 6 years (BD+C), SSOE focuses on delivering Great Client Service to clients through a full range of project delivery solutions. They have been named a "Great Workplace" (Great Place to Work®) and one of the "Best AEC Firms to Work For" (BD+C).
With more than 20 offices around the world, SSOE is known for making its clients successful by saving them time, trouble, and money. Over the company's 70-year history, it has earned a reputation for providing quality project solutions to semiconductor, automotive, food, chemical, glass, manufacturing, healthcare, power, and general building industries—with projects completed in 40 countries. Visit www.ssoe.com for additional information and career opportunities.
- SSOE was founded in 1948 and currently has more than 20 locations worldwide.
- We are a global project delivery firm for architecture, engineering, and construction management.
- SSOE offers program management services from design through construction, to commissioning and start-up, for seamless project delivery.
- 95% of our fee has been returned to our clients in project savings over the last 5 years.
- 150 of our clients have been with us for over 20 years.
Equal Opportunity and Disability Accessibility Statement
SSOE is an equal opportunity employer and provides fair and equal treatment to all individuals, employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, disability, genetic information, military / veteran status, or any other protected group status under federal, state, or local law. SSOE complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 and related laws. SSOE does not make employment decisions based upon any protected status under applicable federal, state, or local law.