What We're Looking For
At HNTB, you can create a career that is meaningful to you while building communities that matter to all of us. For more than a century, we have been delivering solutions for some of the largest, most complex infrastructure projects across the country. With our historic growth, it is an exciting time to join our team of employee-owners.
This opportunity entails leading a professional or technical discipline group's growth in developing and delivering project tasks while managing project scope, budget, and quality control for large and/or complex projects or programs. Oversees department's and section's financial metrics to ensure adherence to the group's goals and alignment with office expectations. The Department Manager - Program Management will develop a department strategic plan focused on practice growth and development, and collaborates with leadership across the office and division to apply the firm's strategic sales and planning approaches while leading and assisting with project pursuits and proposals. May participate in firm-wide initiatives to further improve program management services and value to HNTB. This position coordinates project priorities, staffing schedules, and staff assignments to ensure clients are provided with the proper resources at the appropriate time. Responsible for technical coaching and mentoring and efficient, productive utilization of staff in providing high-quality service, tracking budget management, recruitment, performance and compensation reviews, and team change management. Department Managers are typically responsible for up to 60 direct and indirect reports. What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Responsible for direction and supervision of the development, monitoring, and management of the operating budgets for the departments within the Group and coordination with the office's budget.
- Responsible for the oversight of the group (multiple departments) activities, establish priorities, and assign staff to projects. Collaborate with other groups, offices, and divisions on work-sharing needs and opportunities.
- Drives the implementation of the firm's strategic plan and HNTB's Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA) process on project pursuits and markets with the Group and office, including development of strategic planning strategies.
- Drives the implementation of the firm's contracting HNTB's Sophisticated Contracting Approach (SCA) process through project delivery and contracting activities including scope, work plan, and fee reviews for all contracting activities impacting the group.
- Drives the implementation of the firm's project delivery HNTB's Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) process including Work Planning, Monthly Project Reviews, and other project performance methods to ensure quality work, on time, on schedule, to the client's satisfaction.
- Assists in marketing responsibilities, including client discovery, proposal generation, interviews, and win-to-work activities.
- Maintains client contacts to ensure client satisfaction. Leads and assists in sales and marketing efforts for department's growth.
- Assists in the development and execution of the office strategic plan. May participate on the Office Leadership Team (OLT.)
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development, and retention of department staff within the group, including supporting Department Managers with the development of plans for staff reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and succession planning.
- Project Delivery - Actively manages assigned project management activities (project scope, schedule, budget, and quality management) and performs technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specifications, and plan preparation.
What We Prefer:
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or relevant degree and 12 years relevant experience, or
- In lieu of education, 16 years of relevant experience.
- 15 years of practical experience
- 6 years of supervisory experienceOne or more of the following certifications: Professional Engineer (PE); Certified Construction Manager (CCM); Designated Design-Build Professional (DBIA); Project Management Professional (PMP)Experience delivering program management services for alternative delivery programs/projects
- Experience working on mega (e.g., $500M+ in construction costs) and/or highly complex capital projects or program of projects
- Experience effectively leading medium-sized teams and working effectively with other leaders, staff, and large clients
- Experience working with New York City and State public agencies
Click here for benefits information: HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
#AS #ProgramManagement #IND4AO
Newark, NJ, New York, NY
The approximate pay range for New York City and Westchester County, NY is $200,265.67 - $333,234.26. Please note that the pay range provided is a good faith estimate for the position at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent on factors, including but not limited to, the individual's qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as physical work location within the state.
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees. Job Type:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full time Job Category:
Construction Services Group ReqID: