The Geotechnical Department Manager will support the Building and Construction business by overseeing the Geotechnical projects and mentor Geotechnical Engineers and Geotechnical Technicians. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall management of geotechnical engineering services, including P & L responsibility.
- Direct and execute geotechnical project assignments including, engineering analysis and report preparation, field exploration and laboratory services.
- Provide senior review of proposals and reports, and ensure that commitments to clients are met.
- Client relations and business development activities
- Responsible for the mentoring and training of senior and junior professional staff professionals.
- Actively participate in professional and technical organizations.
- BS Civil Engineering (MS in Geotechnical is highly desired)
- 6+ years of geotechnical experience
- Professional Registration (P.E.) in KS or ability to obtain in 1 year
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of geotechnical engineering and related disciplines with the ability and desire to provide creative and practical solutions to meet the client’s needs.