Department Manager, Information Systems Division
Requisition Number: 1494-M3
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. is a growing and dynamic organization with superb products that includes motorcycles, outboard motors, ATVs, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, boats, outdoor power equipment, race kart engines, accessories, apparel, and much more! We are a company of enthusiasts and have passion for our products!
Yamaha has an excellent opportunity for a Department Manager to join our Information Systems Division in Cypress, CA.Under the direction of Senior Management, this individual will help direct and coordinate activities within the Information Services Division related to a specific application or defined Departmental function and supervises staff and contract resources.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and supervise day to day software development activities including planning, prioritization, scheduling, staffing and execution of Department initiatives and project plans.
- Monitors development and maintenance tasks for assigned applications, summarizes and reports status to management, and acts as both a project manager and/or supervisor.
- Assists Senior Management as needed in communications with Business areas and ISD user groups at all levels. Also assists in staff management activities including hiring recommendations, performance evaluations, and training both employees and contractors.
- Assists management in various areas such as Vendor software selection and rate negotiations, service level agreements, issue resolution, compliance with Yamaha standards, and on time execution of project deliverables.
- Helps establish and maintain customer service delivery guidelines and internal service level agreements.
- Provide leadership and ensure adherence to accepted Divisional guidelines for project management and systems development methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent. Seven years of IS experience. Three years of experience leading an applications development team. Large-scale project management experience.
- Specific experience with the selected operating system or language and experience supporting the business application specified in the area of assignment, such as JAVA/J2EE, SAP, MS Office Suite, or otherrequired technical skills experience.
- Effective at customer service and business systems analysis. Effective team member with demonstrated leadership ability.
Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Reports to: Senior Manager, ISD