Service Manger is responsible for overall results of the department including safety, quality control, profitability and customer satisfaction for commercial and industrial service work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide safe working environment for BRC crews, subcontractors, and others.
- Act in a positive and professional manner.
- Maintain and improve quality control.
- Motivate and direct office & field employees assigned to department including interviewing, hiring, training, and promotion of employee growth.
- Coordinate sales effort with salesman and provide necessary support for success of team.
- Oversee setup, processing and invoicing Work Orders.
- Review aging report and resolve any issues.
- Promote continual growth of department at the rate determined each quarter by Branch Manager and VP of Service.
- Continual improvement of quality control and customer satisfaction.
- Oversee and manage Service Department.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Be able to carry and load material in excess to 50 pounds.
Work Environment: ( 20% construction sites 80% office) At times the Mangers work will be conducted at construction work sites and Manger will be exposed to varying temperatures ranges from heat 90 degrees plus to cold weather which could include temperatures in the teens, and rainy conditions. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education: Minimum High School Graduate / College Preferred.
Experience: 10 Years Minimum experience in the roofing industry.
Language Skills: Must speak English fluently, Spanish is a plus.
- Computer – Experienced with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Scheduling.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Exceptional organizations skills.
- High degree of self confidence.
- Motivated and professional.
- Extensive knowledge of roofing which includes – BUR, Shingles, Tile, Single Ply, Metal, & Waterproofing Techniques and Products, working knowledge of trusses, Light Weight Concrete Deck Systems, and A/C work that is closely related to Roofing.
Certificates / Licenses / Registrations: 10 Hour OSHA Construction card, First Aid/CPR/Bloodborne pathogen training. May require other specific equipment license or training. Other training as prescribed by Baker Roofing Company.