Department Leader, Training Facilitation
The Training Facilitation Department exists to deliver training in order to build capability, capacity, and confidence to achieve performance excellence for our branch teams. We have the responsibility of 19 different programs that are field facing – both in the home office (face to face), in the field, and virtual delivery. In addition, we support the facilitation of other programs based off business needs.
The Department Leader in this area will have the following responsibilities:
- Set department objectives and strategies that influence the improvement of performance and retention of the firm's Financial Advisors.
- Ensure alignment of Team Leaders and consistent, clear communication across all programs.
- Attract, retain, and develop a diverse team of leaders and associates so that they can successfully support the financial advisors, BOAs, and the firm. Direct responsibility for Team Leader development and facilitative and consultative role in associate development.
- Serve as a liaison for Branch Training throughout the Division and the Firm.
- Lead the communication and collaboration between multiple departments in Tempe, St. Louis, and Canada
- Act as liaison to other Tempe, St. Louis, and CA departments within Branch Development, Human Resources, Finance, Client Solutions Group, and Compliance.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Series 7, 66 are required/Obtained within 90 days
- Insurance License preferred
- 5 or more years of Branch Development Division or relevant work experience is required
- 3 or more years of leadership or related experience is strongly preferred
- Depth of knowledge of principles and practices of a specific field of specialization such as training & development, human resources, etc.
- Understanding of the Branch Training and Development System (the program objectives, learning objectives, program design, program content, delivery, and measurements).
- Ability to lead and manage Team Leaders, including ability to effectively lead from afar.
- Excellent change leadership skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to influence directly and indirectly.
- Ability to set priorities
- Effective delegator.
- Effectively coordinate and manage multiple projects or efforts
- Strong knowledge of the firm and its business practices and processes. Appropriate depth of technical knowledge of respective department.
- Develop an understanding of the impacts changing industry standards may have on the firm as it relates to branch support